Curious to dive deep into learning and experiencing Happiness? Practicing Journal prompts to increase happiness is a great way to do that!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
What does happiness means to you?
Happiness is such a beautiful word. Its an emotion we all want to experience and are always aiming towards
Yet it feels so complicated to experience, there are so many highs and lows that we experience and happiness tends to feel far away.
Is happiness the only emotion we should experience? or not?
I believe the answer to these can be found once we dwell in our inner being.
By putting away what society or the world has taught us and asking ourselves these questions.
Journaling is a great way to explore the philosophical side of life and understand your thoughts regarding happiness
In this post, I will share a few journal prompts, that I believe will not only help you in understanding your ideology on happiness but also amplify it!
What does it really mean to be happy?
Honestly, I cannot answer this for you. What happiness means is subjective for everyone
We all are different beings and what makes me happy or brings happiness can differ from you
This is why it is important to stop listening to what others say you should do to attain happiness and instead start looking at it inside you
Most importantly, if you have been experiencing less positive emotions lately, and more negative ones. Journal prompts can help you find answers and give clarity
Journal prompts to increase happiness
1. What does happiness means to you right now?
2. Write down a time or a memory you truly in which you were truly happy
3. List 20 things that make you happy
3. Where does your happiness lie?
4. Do you think happiness is meant to stay or come in bits and pieces?
5. What is the best thing that ever happened to you? did it make you happy?
6. What brings you joy in daily life?
7. What is true “happiness”?
8. Write about something you are really excited about
9. Is there something in your life that your happiness is dependent on?
10. Do you tend to sacrifice your happiness until you can achieve your goals?
11. What makes you wake up every day?
12. What are some people you spend time with and always end up feeling joyful?
13. What are some of your current barriers to experiencing full happiness?
14 Do you hold yourself from being truly happy?
15. Do you feel happy to get materialistic things? What are some of those things?
16. What made you happy today?
17. Is happiness more important than feeling content/peaceful in your life?
18. What changes do you need to make to be happy?
19. Who are some people you feel have minimized your joy?
20. Do you tend to complain a lot? Does it affect your day?
21. List 10 things you like about yourself that boost your confidence?
22. What was the last time you felt truly happy?
23. Do you have any hobbies that bring you joy? if yes. what?
24. Is there something in your daily life you always look forward to?
25. How do you think your mindset affects your happiness?
26. Does your happiness lie in big things or small things too?
Happy Journal Prompts to Practice
27. What are some tiny moments that bring you joy?
28. List 3 things you feel grateful about today?
29. Do you have a happy place? Describe it in detail
31. What self-care activity do you turn to when feeling down?
32. What do happy people look like? What characteristics do they have?
33. What is your comfort tv show that always makes you laugh?
34. What activities currently make you happy?
35. What is something you feel proud of that always brings a smile to your face?
36. What would the “perfect day” be for you?
37. What is selfless kindness activity you did for someone? how did it make you feel?
38. Do you know about happiness hormones? What happiness hormone do you experience the most?
39. Do you have me-time activity? where you feel rested and at peace?
40. How do you feel when you see others happy?
41. When you’re at your happiest, what are you doing?
42. When you’re at your happiest, what are you thinking?
The answer is..nothing right? you are just present at the moment
43. What activities you can do to stay present and live in the moment
44. How does traveling makes you feel? Does it bring you joy?
45. Write 5 happiness affirmations
46. How do you promote happiness?
47. Do you have any future events that will make you happy?
48. Describe something upsetting you’ve experienced but turned out to be positive?
49. Which holiday makes you the happiest?
50. How do you spend your weekends or free time in a way that makes you happy?
51. What is the best gift you have ever received? Who gave it to you? How did it make you feel?
How to use these journal prompts for happiness
I am sure after answering these prompts you must have had an idea of what happiness means to you?
These journal prompts were a way to guide you and remind you of things that have made you truly happy and things you may have thought brought you happiness in the past but in reality, they did not.
That’s great news because now you spend your time and energy on what truly makes you happy and not look for things that were a means of just pleasure
This Post is all about Journal prompts to increase your happiness
Like this Post? Pin it for Later!
If you liked this, you will love these-
- A to z gratitude list: 300+ things to be grateful for in 2023
- 17 tips on How to stay consistent with journaling every day
- Best 21 Day Journaling Challenge for 2023 to start journaling
- 25 Powerful Mindset journal prompts to overcome limiting beliefs
- 35 Powerful Intuitive writing prompts to connect with your intuition
- 55 Joyful spring journal prompts for Adults for new beginnings
- 59 Journal Prompts to Find Your Purpose when Feeling Lost
Follow me On Pinterest