Are you new to journaling? Perhaps looking for ways to make journaling your habit? It is said that it takes 21 days to form a new habit, hence here is a simple 21-day journaling challenge for you to make journaling your daily habit!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
You decided to start journaling last year, but failed to stay consistent or maybe you have decided that this year, will be the year to make journaling a habit
Maybe you are struggling to find what to journal about and all of it feels confusing.
Whatever your reason is, do not worry! It is normal, I have been there
I have bought notebooks with enthusiasm multiple times in my life and still failed to journal every day. However now, I do not struggle with it anymore
This post will help you dive into journaling and make it your habit!
But first, let’s find out…
What Are The Benefits Of Journaling
You have heard everywhere people boasting about journaling and how it can change once life and you wonder what does journaling really do?
Here are some benefits of journaling for you!
By journaling, one can tap into its inner self, It is a beautiful thing that journaling can give you. You learn who you are, and what is your purpose. what do you like or hate? How do you feel?
Not only that, it takes you deeper, opening different perspectives you normally wouldn’t think about. After journaling you become your own best friend.
2. Self- love
Journaling is an act of self-love, By journaling, you are making an effort to discover yourself, improve your mental health and give importance to your life.
You are learning about your needs, weakness, and strengths that ultimately strive you to be better.
3. Gives Clarity
When in confusion, writing down can help you give clarity. Our mind is filled with many thoughts that are cluttered and unorganized.
Journaling can help you clear unwanted thoughts and focus on what is right and needed.
That is why there are tools like planners and journals created as they organize your thoughts efficiently.
4. Better mental health
Journaling has been proven to improve mental health and increase happiness. There are so many journaling types like gratitude journals to help you feel positive and grateful, Therapy journals to wellness journals. You can learn about different types of journals here
5. Express emotions
So many times we are overwhelmed with emotions and have no one to talk to, Journaling can help you express your emotions as a way to vent and feel lighter.
You do not feel uncomfortable and can openly write your thoughts as if you are your reader!
How can I Start Journaling?
Now coming to start journaling as a beginner
There are many ways to do this. There is no right or wrong way to start journaling. You listen to yourself and do what you feel like
If you want to grab a notebook and vent out then do that, If you want to write one line a day, you can do that! However, a simple way to help you understand is to…
Figure out what Your journaling goal is
Why do you want to start journaling? What is the area of your life you want to target?
Finding your goal will help you practice journaling accordingly and keep you motivated to do!
Pin it for Later!
Examples of journaling goals
- Journaling for feeling overwhelmed
- journaling for healing your inner child
- Journaling for Success
- Journaling to Create Mindful & Healthy Eating Habits
- journaling to face and conquer your Fears
- Journaling to Find Your Purpose when Feeling Lost
There are many more goals. You find to look for why you want to begin journaling and want to achieve from it.
What journal should I start with?
Honestly, start with any empty notebook! Just go down to any nearby store and get a blank notebook to start your 21-day journaling challenge!
However if you thinking and looking for guided journal to help you then refer to this post where I share best 15 Different types of journals to keep (you wish you had sooner)
Otherwise, You can get a blank journal notebook from amazon like these
How To Do A 21 Day Journaling Challenge
The 21 day journaling challenge is going to include few prompts for each day. I have taken a theme for each day, so the question will be on the particular theme.
This will help you form journaling as an habit as see how it has changed you and we will be able to cover many topics about life within 21 days
- to be honest with yourself
- Sit in a quiet place
- Take time to answer each question
Download these Journaling prompts to start your 21 day challenge!
Ultimate 21 day Journaling Challenge prompts
Day 1 : Introduce Yourself
Taking your 1st day lightly, we will start with basic questions.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live?
- How do you feel at the moment?
- Why did you start journaling?
Day 2: Current life
Coming a bit deeper into your current life, Be honest with yourself. Do not force any answers if you cannot. Take time to think and then answer
- Make a list of things you are grateful for
- How is your life currently?
- What does your daily routine look like?
Day 3: Self-love
Self-love being the most important aspect of life, let’s dive into some self-love prompts!
- Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself
- On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love yourself?
- What does love mean to you?
- What are some ways you can love yourself more?
Day 4: How was today?
Taking today lighter again. Here are some simple question about your day
- Journal about your day today, tell in detail what you did
- How did you feel today?
- What are some goals you accomplished today?
- Is there any highlight of the day? – Meeting friends, having your fav coffee, etc?
Day 5 : Your dream
Here is exciting part! Let’s talk about dreams!
- What is your dream?
- Is there something your feel passionate about?
- What did you want to be growing up?
- What does your dream life look like?
- What is your ideal day like?
Day 6: Express yourself
Today we will go a little deeper and intense about feelings
- How are you feeling lately in life?
- IS there anything troubling or stressing you?
- IS there any way you can deal with it? List it
Day 7: Self-discovery
After intense session yesterday, today will be lighter again with some fun questions!
- What are your favourite hobbies?
- What tv shows do you like watching?
- Do you like listening to music? Are there any favouite?
- Do your like reading books/comic/webtoon or manga? What is your fav one?
- Do your like watching netflix or yourtube more?
- Do you use social media? What apps are you on?
Day 8: Goals
Today will be a little strategic as we will be journaling about goals, I am sure this will help you find clarity and come up with goals! Take time to think, No hurry!
- What are your goals in life?
- List your main goals for the year?
- List our your goal for this month you would like to accomplish
- What are your financial goals?
- Do you have a health goals? Write it down
- A relationship goal? DO not shy and write it
- Any other travel goals and so?
Day 9: Becoming your best-self
Talking about your dream self and the best idealized version is so beautiful! Answer each question and envision your best-self as you write!
- Who is your role model?
- What kind of person you want to become?
- When you think about you best version. What does it look like?
- Write down the qualities you want to have -like honesty, confidence…
- What changes can you make to be that person?
Day 10: Self-care
Lets talk everything self-care! I am sure this will help rethink and make more time practicing self-care activities!
- Do you take time to practice self-care?
- What self-care activities you usually do?
- Are there self-care activities you would like to add?
- How much quality time do you spend with yourself
- How does it make you feel?
Day 11: Happiness and joy
Today will be intense as we will journal about most important feelings: happiness and joy
- What does happiness means to you?
- Tell me about a time you feel happy and filled with joy?
- What activities gives your joy?
- Name few people that makes you feel happy
Day 12: Insecurities
We all have insecurities and are always thinking about them. Journaling about it will help you be more mindful and accept them as you go
- How do you feel about your appearance?
- Do you have any insecurities? if yes, what are they?
- What is your first memory about those insecurites?
- Where does your insecurities come from?
- How can you accept your flaws and feel beautiful regardles?
- Write few action steps to love yourself more
Day 13: Today
Three simple prompts about today
- How was your day?
- Write three good things that happened today
- What did you learn?
Day 14: Affirmations
These affirmation journals are the way to help you feel motivated and better! I hope it helps!
- Write 10 simple affirmations that you wish someone had told you
- Write 3 good qualities about yourself
- Write a favourite physical feature about yourself
Day 15: Thoughts
Thoughts are so powerful. these are a way to help you become aware about your thoughts
- What kind of thoughts yo have most of the time
- What do you find yourself thinking about all the time
- Are there any fears that pops every now and then
Day 16: Forgiving
Today will be about shredding any feeling of hurt and feeling lighter by forgiving
- Who has hurt you in the past?
- Are you holding any grudge against them?
- How would you feel is you could forgive that person and move on?
Day 17: Procrastinating
We all procrastinate, don’t we? Let’s face this heads on!
- Do you procrastinate?
- How often do you think you procrastinate?
- What are some things you do while procrastinating?
- What can you do to beat procrastinating and complete it?
Day 18: Self-discovery
There is no end to learning about yourself. Some fun and simple prompts to take it easy today!
- What are some things you are good at?
- Are you introvert or extrovert?
- Do you like staying at home more or going out?
- What is your favourite food? You can never get tired of!
Day 19: Habits
Just like journaling, let’s dive into other forms of habits!
- What are some habits you are proud of having?
- What habits you wish to add in future
- What toxic habits do you feel your practice but want to get rid of?
Day 20: Life
Two prompts about life, take a moment and be true to yourself.
- What are your thoughts on life? Any mantra you live by?
- Do you wish to change your life? What exactly? Go in detail
Day 21: Ending
Yaya! We are on the 21st day! You did a great job. Today we will end it with some journal prompts about this challenge!
- How do you feel at the end of 21 day journaling challenge?
- What are some changes do you feel after 21 days?
- Did you enjoy journaling?
- Do you wish to continue journaling?
So this was 21-day journaling challenge!
I hope you found these 21 day journal challenge helpful! 🙂 Do not forget to download these prompts and if you want to go extra, Print them to start your challenge!
Let me know in the comments, How do you feel!
Like this post? Pin this for later!
This Post was all about 21 day journaling challenge
If you liked this, you will love these-
- 61 Easy Beginner Journal Prompts to get you started
- Is journaling a good hobby?- Here is why
- 17 tips on How to stay consistent with journaling every day
- 7 reasons you find Journaling boring + How to fix
- 15 Different types of journals to keep (you wish you had sooner)
Follow me On Pinterest
Leave a Reply