Enjoying your company is the most important part of life, we tend to be dependent on other companies to feel whole and enjoy life when in fact, we only need to be with ourselves to feel complete. In this post, I will share 100 solo date ideas for you to start enjoying your own company!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
One of the things I always struggled with was going out alone, if I needed to have fun or buy something important. I always needed someone to accompany me otherwise. I would hardly step out.
It made me realize that I am not comfortable going out alone. While I can easily spend good me-time at home, I struggle in social places
Since then, I have decided to challenge myself and go out alone whenever possible. Still, I find it difficult which is why, I decided to get inspired and explore solo date ideas!
I have tried many things from the below 100 solo date ideas, and there are many things, I am hoping to try in the future!
I truly believe we all should go on a date with ourselves and enjoy being in our own company!
Here are some reasons why!
- It boosts self-love
- It makes you less dependent on others to accompany you
- It flourishes your relationship with yourself
- It helps you feel confident and comfortable when alone
- You don’t feel lonely because you start enjoying time with yourself
- You get out of your comfort zone
- You discover many new things about yourself
100 Solo date ideas
Self-Care solo date ideas
- Practice yoga or meditation in a peaceful setting.
- Pamper yourself with a bubble bath.
- Try a new skincare or beauty routine.
- Write in a journal or start a creative writing project.
- Listen to your favorite music and have a dance party.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset from a cozy spot.
- Read a book or listen to an audiobook.
- Practice mindful coloring or drawing.
- Have a digital detox day.
- Have a spa day at home with DIY treatments.
- Treat yourself to your favourite food
Outdoor solo date ideas
- Picnic in the park.
- Hike a scenic trail.
- Visit a botanical garden.
- Explore a local nature reserve.
- Go for a drive
- Go for a dinner outside
- Have a bike ride in a scenic area.
- Go for a sunrise or sunset walk.
- Take a leisurely stroll on the beach.
- Visit a farmer’s market.
- Go to a bookstore
- Attend a workshop – dance/ pottery/ paint
Fun solo date ideas
- Attend a live show.
- Explore streets in your city.
- Attend a solo movie matinee.
- Attend a poetry reading or book club event.
- Visit a historical site or monument.
- Go on a weekend getaway
- go on a solo trip
- Go for a window shopping
- Pick Yourself a Bouquet of Flowers
- Take Yourself on a Picnic
Solo Date Ideas you can try at Home
- Start a New Book
- Sip and paint
- Have a Movie Night
- Bake cookies or cake
- Grow your own garden
- Redecorate your room
- Make Yourself a Special Dinner
- Have an Online Shopping Spree
- Listen to soothing music
- Learn a new language or practice one you’re studying.
- Meditate or do mantra chanting
Free Solo date ideas
- Go for a walk
- Spend time in nature
- Do digital detox
- Write a love letter to yourse;f
- Do star gazing at night
- Attend a free event
- go for a run
- Dance at home
- Dress up and click pictures
Cheap and cost effective solo date ideas
- Go to a cheap coffee shop and people-watch.
- Do thrift shopping
- Go to a library and read
- Go for a mindful walk
- Go on a movie date with yourself
- Make your favourite dish at home
- Have a game night with yourself
- Spend a day at the museum or an art exhibition
- . Sit on the Beach
- Have a DIY pizza or taco night.
Luxury Solo date ideas
- Treat yourself to a fancy dinner at a restaurant.
- Attend a food festival or culinary event.
- Go wine tasting at a local vineyard.
- Take a cooking or baking class.
- Visit a chocolate or cheese shop and indulge.
- Book a night at a fancy hotel
- Book an airbnb and relax there
- Go for jewellery shopping
- Take a dance or fitness class.
- Visit tourist spots in your own city.
- Visit a nearby town you’ve never been to.
Mindful solo date ideas – Reflection and Personal Growth:
- Set personal goals and create a vision board.
- Reflect on your dreams and aspirations.
- Write a gratitude journal.
- Spend time alone in thought at a park or beach.
- Listen to motivational or self-improvement podcasts.
- Try journaling prompts for self-discovery.
- Volunteer at a local charity or animal shelter.
- Take a personality or strengths assessment.
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Create a DIY project that reflects your values.
- Take a workshop in something you’re curious about.
- Start a new hobby like knitting, painting, or coding
Adventurous solo date ideas
- Explore a neighborhood you’ve never been to.
- Go Camping
- Go on a historical or architectural walking tour.
- Take public transportation to a random destination.
- Be a tourist in your own city for the day.
- Explore local boutiques and shops.
- Take a scenic drive to admire your surroundings.
- Go to a Concert
- Go indoor skydiving or bungee jumping.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Try an escape room or puzzle challenge.
- Visit an amusement park or water park.
- Experience a solo travel adventure.
These were 100 solo date ideas that you can plan for yourself. I loved all these ideas as it includes something for everyone
If you cant on a solo trip you can still do many things in your city by yourself
At first, it may seem uncomfortable as you are going out of your comfort zone but as you keep on doing it
Not only you will learn to have fun by yourself but you will also make new friends
I recently signed up for a dance class, and it has so much difference in my life, I am able to have fun with myself as well as socialize with other dance lovers
Sometimes I also love to journal, when I am at home, bake something watch movies, and paint once in a while
I at times go out to shop alone and all this help me push myself and just be more comfortable in my own company
I highly recommend you to try it as well!
Remember, the goal of these solo date ideas is to have fun, learn, grow, and enjoy your own company. Customize them to your interests and preferences,
Have a great day!
Liked this Post? Pin it for Later
If you like this, you will love these-
- 23 Mindful Me Time Activities you will absolutely love
- 50 helpful and fun Things to learn when bored at home
- 23 Screen free offline hobbies for adults to enjoy
- 101 Precious things to love about life in 2023
- 19 Absolute Self Care Ideas At Home You Need To Try
- 20 Introvert approved self care ideas for introverts to feel alive
Follow me On Pinterest