Do you feel excited or nervous about entering the new year? Worries about how to achieve your dream life by next year or excitement to start a new chapter are normal! I feel it too! This is why these 39 Journal Prompts for the New Year are all you need to have a fresh start! 2023 is almost here!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
We are approaching the new year, which we often associate with new beginnings. The new year is the best time to practice journal prompts; why? These Questions will help you dive into your inner self and make the right move.
Maybe 2022 wasn’t that great; you learned your hard lessons and want to start a brand new chapter of your life! The Journal Prompts will help you question and plan out your life accordingly!
Let’s Get Started!
How do you start a new year’s journal?
The New year Journal Will be divided into 3 Categories – Reflections, Planning and Goal-setting. In these 39 questions, you will find mixed of all these 3 to help you reflect and create new goals and changes for the new season!
Best journals for the new year
Are you looking for a notebook for the new year or a Guided journal to practice? I Got You!
A good quality Journaling Notebook is all you need to practice your Journal prompts for the new year!
LEUCHTTURM notebooks are very sturdy and come with good quality, all you need for your money journal!
I love how it is available in over 28 colors for everyone!
Here are 15 Different types of journals to keep (you wish you had sooner) in the year 2023!
39 Journal Prompts for the New Year 2023
13 New year reflection journal prompts
- What are the few things I am grateful for that happened this year?
- What was 2022 Like for me?
- What was the highlight of this year
- What were the challenges I faced in 2022
- What are some Lessons I learned that I will take with me?
- Did I follow My passion this year? If not, why?
- Write about a favorite memory of this year
- What was the most significant risk I took this year?
- How was my mental health in 2022?
- What is something I will leave/ let go of in 2022?
- Compared to 2021, how much have I changed in 2022?
- What Financial changes I took in 2022, and how did they go?
- I forgive myself for…
New year journal prompts
- How Do I feel About Navigating to New Year 2023? Am I Excited, or Will I Miss it in 2022?
- What are My Goals for Next Year?
- What Does My Ideal Life Look Like?
- When I Imagine my life next year, What things pop into my head?
- What is bringing me joy lately?
- What Can I do to follow My dreams this year?
- What changes Can I make to be closer to my ideal life?
- What Is holding me back from living Happily?
- What are my personal goals for the new year?
- What are my Financial plans for the next year?
- Do I need to slow down or be more active this year?
- What is my Theme for the new year 2023?
- In 2023, I am most excited for…
New year writing prompts
- Do I have any travel plans for next year? Where Do I wish to go?
- What are some new hobbies I can expect to try in 2023?
- One small thing I want to do this year…
- What are some skills I want to learn next year?
- A new experience I want to have is…
- What are my top priorities for the new year?
- What is my why?
- How Can I feel more fulfilled in 2023?
- What Mindset changes do I need to make the best of the new year?
- What are my Physical health Goals for 2023
- What are some non-negotiable for me in the new year?
- What Bad habits do I want to change in 2023?
- How can I make time for self-care next year?
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the 7 most popular New Year’s resolutions?
I think For me, the & Most Popular New Year’s Resolution has to be
- Improve Mental Health
- Implement Healthy Eating
- Organize Your Life
- Follow Your Dreams
- Take Risks
- Be More Present
How do you journal a New Year’s resolution?
Tips For Creating Bets New Resolutions are
- Be Realistic, but
- Don’t forget to dream big
- Create Systems to help you achieve
- Divide them into small tiny monthly, weekly, and Daily Goals
- Stay Consistent
- Learn From The Best in your Field
This Post was all about Journal Prompts for the New Year
Leave me a Comment and tell me your #1 Goal for 2023!
Pin it for Later!
If you liked this, you will love these Journal prompts-
- 17 Thoughtful Sunday journal prompts for a weekly reset
- 30 Intentional Monday Journal Prompts to kick start your week
- 78 Daily Self Care Journal Prompts for Reflection and Wellbeing
- 61 Easy Beginner Journal Prompts to get you started
- New Month Journal Prompt for Effective Goal Setting
- 53 Thoughtful Christmas Journal Prompts for Adults
- #32 The Best Night time Reflections Journal Prompts
- List of 53 Most Effective Body Positivity Journal Prompts
- 40 Best Self Love Questions You Need To Ask Yourself
- 39 Journal Prompts for self-development You Need To Practice!
Follow me On Pinterest
I really enjoyed this. Got some good ideas and also read questions/prompts I need to really think about. Hopinh 2023 is a great year for all of us.
Thank you Sally! Happy to know you found it helpful! Have a great new year!