Have you been meaning to start journaling? perhaps A daily practice of journaling to improve your life and get to know yourself? Then, here are 61 easy and simple journaling ideas for beginners to get started with!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
How do you start a journal for beginners?
I started Journaling around the age of 16-17, The first journal prompts that I practiced truly changed my life and helped me realize that I lacked so much self-discovery and me-time.
To start Journaling all you need is a
- An empty notebook
- Alone time
You can start off by practicing 5 journal prompts in a day or more as you prefer.
With each question, take time and give your honest answer. That’s all!
Journaling is very easy and there are no rules, take time and see what time you prefer doing it and how
However if you want to get started into journaling that is not just concerned with your today but overall life, then refer to my journaling ideas for beginners below!
30 Easy journaling ideas for beginners
- How Do you feel At the moment?
- What Inspired you to start journaling?
- What are 3 things you feel grateful for?
- How Do you feel about your life currently?
- What are some good things happening in your life right now?
- What are some things you are struggling with in life right now?
- What do you need the most today?
- What is bringing you joy lately?
- Five things you like about yourself are…
- Things you are good at are…
- People who love and make you more happy are..
- What’s your ideal day look like?
- What were your biggest lesson you learned recently?
- What are some hobbies you like to indulge in?
- What is one thing you always wanted to try but too afraid to do?
- Growing up you struggled with this the most…
- Write a list of things you want to try or experience
- How do you like to take care of yourself? name some favorite self-care activities
- How do you want to feel? What can you do to feel this?
- How much do you love yourself on a scale of 1-10?
- What are some obstacles stopping you from living your dream life?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What do you feel most passionate about?
- What is something you are really proud of?
- How do you feel about your body?
- Have you’re ever taken an MBTI personality test? What is your MBTI?
- What are your thoughts on what life should be?
- Who is your role model and why?
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
- I feel most relaxed when I…
20 Simple Journal prompts For Beginners
- What mistakes you have made and what did you learn from them?
- Do you move your body often? what are some activities you do for your body?
- Which area of your life is going well right now?
- What does your dream life look like?
- Which area of life do you want to improve and why?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- Highlight of your day
- Do you believe in god or the universe?
- Make a list of all your to-do lists
- Favorite childhood memory?
- How can you make tomorrow better than today?
- All-time favorite tv show?
- List out things you want to attract in your life
- What does your mental health look like?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What do you need to change to feel at peace and happier?
- What do you feel angry about right now?
- What do you need more of?
- What do you need to forgive yourself for?
- What are your main priorities?
11 Beginner Journal Prompts
- What are some difficult times you feel grateful for?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Where do you see yourself one year from now?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- What are your fears?
- What is your favorite part of the day?
- Do you read book? what kind of books you prefer?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do?
- What matters the most to you?
- What are your love languages?
- How has doing journaling made you feel so far?
Pin These for later!
If you liked this, you will love these More Journal Prompts –
- New Month Journal Prompt for Effective Goal Setting
- #32 The Best Night time Reflections Journal Prompts
- List of 53 Most Effective Body Positivity Journal Prompts
- 30 Best Self-Love Journal Prompts Everyone Should Practice
- 39 Journal Prompts for self-development You Need To Practice!
- 53 Thoughtful Christmas Journal Prompts for Adults
Follow me On Pinterest