If you feel like life is going out of your control because there are so many areas to be taken care of at once, it feels overwhelming, then forming small habits to organize your life is the only way to go!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
There is so much we have to do in life – in school, all we cared about were our grades and homework.
But after passing out from school, we realize that there is so much we have to do
Work, personal growth, health, relationships, finance, house, and the list goes on.
We have so many goals for each area, as well as responsibilities as we become adults.
Certainly, it gets overwhelming, and it feels like life is running in all directions.
I felt this way too, and by no means have I accomplished everything, but on the path as a 22-year-old, I have realized forming small habits is the best way to organize your life!
However, Organizing your life is an ongoing process, and incorporating tiny habits can help you maintain a well-organized and productive lifestyle.
Benefits of forming small habits to organize your life
In case you were curious, about why forming habits will help in organizing our lives and how organizing our lives will benefit us, I want to share why
Firstly, Our life consists of habits, it is the things we do every day that make a difference in our lives, right?
Not something you did once years ago but what you do as a part of your life i.e, habits
These habits have the power to change our lives because we do them repeatedly, bringing us results.
When everything is going against you and you feel like you have no control in any area of your life
Organizing your life is the only way to go, and it can be done very easily, by making those tasks your habits.
Here are some benefits of forming Small habits to organize your life
- By making it a habit, we can do it with ease
- We get more time to do
- Organizing, our lives provides us the freedom to create the life we want
- Reduces our stress and anxiety
- Simple life with fewer obstacles
- You can move ahead in life and not feel stuck
Here are 90 Small habits to organize your life
Our life consists of many things we need to organize, and I will share habits you can form for organizing each area!
- Personal growth
- Overall health
- Attitude towards life and mental wellbeing
I am starting by adding a special section for morning habits because It is important to start your day right,
These tiny habits in the morning can make you feel organized and eventually lead you to a productive day!
- Make your bed.
- Wake up at the same time every day.
- Drink a glass of water when you wake up.
- Start your day with a positive affirmation.
- Stretch for a few minutes.
- Practice deep breathing for relaxation.
- Plan your day or set goals.
- Have a healthy breakfast.
Work and Productivity:
Work is the area we tend to worry about and focus more on! It ends up taking most of our time and energy.
By focusing on building these few habits, we can organize this area well and even make room to focus on other things!
- Use the Pomodoro Technique for focused work.
- Prioritize your tasks for the day.
- Take short breaks to recharge.
- Set time limits for meetings and tasks.
- Clear your desk or workspace at the end of the day.
- Archive or delete unnecessary emails.
- Keep a clean and organized digital workspace.
- Keep a notepad for quick notes and ideas.
- Tackle the most challenging task first.
- Review your to-do list at the end of the day.
Organization at Home:
Organizing our home is a must! After working hard in the office, the place you go back, to refresh and energize yourself is home.
Hence, your home must always be tidy, clean, and calming for you to live in.
- Declutter for 5 minutes.
- Put items back in their designated places.
- Do a load of laundry every day.
- Plan your meals for the week.
- Create a cleaning schedule.
- Organize one drawer or shelf each day.
- Set a time to turn off screens before bedtime.
If only we could manage our time well, then it would be easier for us to do anything we want! Am I wrong?
These few habits will help you manage your time well and do everything without stress!
- Use a timer for tasks to stay on track.
- Practice time blocking for your schedule.
- Reduce multitasking and focus on one task at a time.
- Use a calendar to track appointments and deadlines.
- Set alarms for important reminders.
- Set a time limit for social media use.
- Check your schedule for the next day before bed.
Health and Self-Care:
Here are a few self-care habits to build that ensure a healthy life these habits are often neglected but are a must for living a healthy life.
- Take a daily walk.
- Meditate for a few minutes.
- Drink herbal tea before bedtime.
- Take vitamins or supplements regularly.
- Practice good posture.
- Limit caffeine intake in the afternoon.
- Brush and floss your teeth before bed.
Since digital life has also become a huge aspect of everyone’s life, It is important to organize it as well!
Most people, now spend more time on their phones, which can also be quite distracting!
- Unsubscribe from unwanted emails.
- Use password management tools.
- Organize digital files and photos. ( here is how)
- Back up your important data regularly.
- Archive or delete old documents.
- Set up email filters for the organization.
Money is an essential matter in everyone’s life, I see that many of us end up using our finances wrongly, which affects other aspects of our lives.
These habits will help you take care of your finances effectively
- Track your daily expenses.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Review your financial goals regularly.
- Pay bills on a designated day each month.
- Save spare change in a jar.
- Use cash for discretionary spending.
Social and Relationships:
Don’t forget the people in your while trying to be successful. We often get so busy with work and responsibilities that we tend to overlook our social life and relationships.
Here are some tiny ways to keep your social life and relationships intact!
- Send a text or call a friend to check-in.
- Plan regular date nights with your partner.
- Write thank-you notes or express gratitude.
- Practice active listening in conversations.
- Spend quality time with family and friends
- Set personal boundaries in relationships.
- Declutter your social media connections.
Our personal growth is the only thing that helps us in every area of our lives, it’s something that helps us feel fulfilled in ourselves!
Here are a few habits that fuel personal growth!
- Read a few pages of a book each day.
- Learn a new word or fact daily.
- Journal your thoughts and experiences.
- Set and review personal goals.
- Learn a new skill or hobby in small steps.
- Reflect on your achievements and growth.
Health is the most essential part of our life! Without good health, nothing will matter, nothing will work your way because you need to be healthy to do anything and enjoy without pain and discomfort!
Adopt these few habits in your life to live a healthy life!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk more.
- Stretch throughout the day.
- Take the time to prepare, nutritious, healthy meals.
- Do quick, at-home workouts.
- Get regular check-ups and screenings.
- Focusing on plating your meals right
- Stay hydrated
Emotional and Mental Well-being:
Having good mental health is essential for us to do other things well too, all the success can feel nothing, with you are feeling well in life.
These few habits can help you boost your, emotional and mental well-being!
- Practice mindfulness and self-awareness.
- Cultivate a gratitude journal.
- Identify and challenge negative thoughts.
- Seek help or counseling when needed.
- Engage in a creative hobby.
- Surround yourself with positive influences.
If there is one obstacle in everyone’s life, that keeps us from organizing our lives properly, it is technology nowadays.
We are 24×7 surrounded by distractions in our phones that keep us from focusing on important things.
Forming these few habits is important to organize our life well-
- Put your phone on “Do Not Disturb” during focused work.
- Reduce screen time before bed.
- Limit social media scrolling.
- Unfollow accounts that don’t add value.
- Practice digital detox days.
- Organize app icons on your phone.
Sustainability and Environment:
Adding these extra habits will help us create a better life for not just ourselves, but others too, because it is equally important to care for the land we live in!
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle regularly.
- Use a reusable water bottle and shopping bags.
- Turn off lights when leaving a room.
- Practice water and energy conservation.
- Plant a tree or care for indoor plants.
- Dispose of waste responsibly.
So these were 90 Small habits to organize your life!
Remember that implementing these tiny habits should be a gradual process. You can start with a few that resonate with you and gradually add more as you become comfortable with them.
Over time, these small changes can lead to a more organized and fulfilling life.
Liked this post? Pin it for later!
If you like this, you will love-
- 27 Great Fall organizing tips to prepare for new season!
- Easy Digital Declutter Checklist to Simplify your digital life
- Complete guide on how to organize your phone for a minimal life
- Spring organizing Checklist for 2023 to get your life on track
- How to organize your life: 23 Ways & categories to organize your life
- This is How to Organize Your Life in One Week – 10 tips
- The Best Sunday Night Routine Ideas For An Organized Week
- 13 Ultimate Lists to make to Organize Your Life
- 10 Habits of Organized Women living their best life
Follow me On Pinterest